Mari Luangrath is the founder of Foiled Cupcakes, a Chicago-based online order, wholesale and personal delivery cupcake service. Foiled Cupcakes
has been featured in Entrepreneur Magazine, Wall Street Journal, Crain’s Chicago Business, Investor’s Business Daily, Chicago Tribune, Business Week, Inc. Magazine, Reuters, NBC, and WGN.
37signals Apps: Highrise, Backpack, Basecamp
Authorize.net and Chase Paymentech for payment
Wordpress to run our site (although this will be changing soon)
Boomerang for e-mail management and reminders
Google Apps and Dropbox for file sharing
Skype for conference calls with screen sharing
Twitter for driver reporting and new customer generation
Orchestra for To-Do Lists
Omnigraffle for designing any flow (customer experience, back-end design, front end, etc.)
What time-saver or money-saver would you love your fellow small business owners to know about?
Google Labs in Gmail – Undo Send. I’ve sent so many e-mails, looked, and retrieved the e-mail to clarify something or send an attachment that I meant to send. I’ve saved many hours of stress this way, making sure that e-mails are going to the proper recipient, making sure I don’t look like an idiot.
Google Calendar – sharing appointments, sharing specific calendars, assigning tasks – it is a huge time-saver and great way to keep track of everything.
If you find yourself raving about your CRM system, email marketing software, payments platform or other apps, let’s hear it!
I do LOVE Emma E-mail Marketing – they are personable, hands-on, and easygoing. I have a great relationship with my sales account person and we refer each other business frequently!
If you’d like to be featured on Firmology’s How I Power My Business series, here’s what we need from you:
- Read this example post first: Wanted: Small Businesses for How I Power My Business Series
- Headshot/Company Photo: Ideally, we’d like a picture of you standing in front of or in your business, but we’ll take your profile headshot by itself or two separate photos too!
- Company Logo: Who doesn’t have a logo now-a-days? If you don’t have the file, just send us your website link and we’ll grab it from there.
- Description of Business: Tell us about your business! What is your product or service? Extra points if you have a story of how or why you launched your business.
- How You Power Your Business: What apps, software, service or gadgets do you use to power your business?
Email the above information to email@example.com with the subject line: How I Power My Business